Mustang exchange at a glance
- Each mentor and student creates a Mustang Exchange profile with information on the participant's background, education, and work or practice experience.
- A student views and sorts possible mentor profiles to learn more about each mentor.
- A mentor controls his or her availability to meet with students through a calendar feature on the Mustang Exchange site. This feature allows a mentor to participate as often or as little as his or her schedule permits. A mentor can easily change availability at any time.
- A student initiates a mentor meeting through the Mustang Exchange site, and the mentor receives a meeting request via email.
- If a mentor accepts a meeting, the student and mentor will meet at a time and place convenient for the mentor.
- During a mentor meeting, a student and a mentor might discuss issues ranging from tips for success in law school to career advice. A student may also request a mock interview session or résumé review. Mentors can include students on job shadowing experiences, such as hearings or deal negotiations.
Become a Mentor!
Serve as a mentor in the Mustang Exchange.