Welcome TO THE
One of the first mentorship programs of its kind, SMU Dedman School of Law's Mustang Exchange is an innovative "flash" mentorship program that connects each law student with multiple alumni and friends for one-on-one mentoring meetings.
What is Flash Mentoring? Instead of a traditional mentorship program that pairs one student with only one mentor for the year in hopes that a beneficial relationship will develop naturally, the Mustang Exchange offers an SMU Law student the chance to build his or her legal network from Day One by connecting with multiple alums and friends. Students meet with mentors throughout the school year for career conversations, law school guidance, cover letter review, mock interviewing, and job shadowing experiences.
Become a Mentor!
Serve as a mentor in the Mustang Exchange. All mentors have law degrees, but their practices and businesses range broadly from commercial litigation in a big law firm to nonprofit work.
Fall 2017 Events
- August 24: "Meet the Mustang Bar" Alumni Lunch
- September 5: Haynes and Boone Welcome Reception
- September 11: Mustang Exchange Info Session for Mentees
- September 14: Mustang Exchange Info Session for Transfers
- September 23: SMU Law Tailgate--SMU v. Arkansas State
- November 4: SMU Law Tailgate--SMU v. UCF
Contact us at email@example.com or 214-768-4LAW.